Goats are cool, but they make for poor DNS record stores. So here’s an authoritative DNS server INSPIRED by goats.
- Code related to CLI things
- Configuration handling for the server
- The data-storing backend for zone information and (eventually) caching.
- Configuration and management API
- message, status
- The header of a DNS transmission, either a Query or Reply. Ref RFC1035 section 4.1.1.
- A DNS Question section, from Ref RFC1035 section 4.1.2 “Question section format”.
- The answer, authority, and additional sections all share the same format: a variable number of resource records, where the number of records is specified in the corresponding count field in the header.
- The size of a DNS request header
- Internal limit of in-flight requests
- The default “cancel a server response” timeout
- The maximum size of a UDP packet https://dnsflagday.net/2020/#dns-flag-day-2020
- Returns a
Vec<u8>representation of the name (ie, example.com = [101, 120, 97, 109, 112, 108, 101, 46, 99, 111, 109])